The Mayor and Council of the City of Calhoun, Georgia will hold a public hearing on January 10, 2022 at 7:00 P.M. at the Calhoun Depot, 109 South King Street, in response to:
- An annexation and zoning request from County to PRD (Planned Residential Development) for 29.73 acres, at a location of 763 Highway 53 (parcel 034-007D) by Adam Baker.
- An annexation and zoning request from County to IND-G, for 28.50 acres at a location of Bellwood Road (parcel 058-032) by Lincoln Property Company.
- An annexation and zoning request from County to IND-G, for 28.65 acres at a location of Bellwood Road (parcel 058-033) by Lincoln Property Company.
- An annexation and zoning request from County to IND-G, for 5.57+ acres at a location of Bellwood Road (parcel 058-030) by Lincoln Property Company.
- A zoning change request from C-2 to R-2 for 20 acres, at a location between former Liberty service station and Ramada Inn, by James “Mike” Meadows. The Zoning Advisory Board meeting will be held January 6th and the public hearing January 10th.
- An annexation request from County to R-2 for 1.20 acres located at Lindsey Lane SE (056B-110) by Quang Nguyen.
A Zoning Advisory Board Meeting will be held on Thursday January 6, 2022 at 4:30 P.M. at the Calhoun Depot. The recommendation of the board will be forwarded to the Mayor and Council and will be made a part of the public hearing as referenced above.
Copies of the City’s Zoning Policies and Procedures and the Zoning Standards adopted by the Council and amended several times since, are available upon request at Community Development during normal business hours, or at all Zoning Hearings or Council Meetings.
INDIVIDUALS WHO WISH TO OPPOSE THE ZONING MATTER AT ALL PUBLIC HEARINGS AS LISTED, MUST FILE A WRITTEN DISCLOSURE STATEMENT AT LEAST FIVE CALENDAR DAYS PRIOR TO THE FIRST HEARING IF THEY HAVE CONTRIBUTED A TOTAL AMOUNT OF $250.00 OR MORE WITHIN THE LAST TWO YEARS TO THE CAMPAIGN FOR AN ELECTED CITY OFFICIAL. THIS DISCLOSURE MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DETAILS: (1) THE NAME AND OFFICIAL POSITION OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL WHO RECEIVED THE CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTION, (2) THE AMOUNT AND DESCRIPTION OF EACH CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTION, AND (3) THE DATE OF EACH CONTRIBUTION DURING THE TWO YEARS BEFORE THE DATE OF THE REZONING REQUEST.
The Calhoun-Gordon County Airport Authority is changing their normal meeting date to the 3rd Tuesday of the month, at 11:30 AM. This meeting is held in the conference room at the Tom B. David Airport.
Tom B. David Airport
Calhoun-Gordon County Airport Authority
1957 Hwy 41 SW
Calhoun, GA 30701
Calhoun and Gordon County government officials met this morning at 10:00 a.m. to continue planning regarding the COVID 19 situation.
Following the Governor’s outline for limiting the crowd exposure and protecting a vulnerable population, Calhoun and Gordon County have agreed to take preliminary steps to close the Senior Center. Steps will be taken to ensure that the seniors will receive their meal service and we will have staff making daily welfare calls to our seniors.
Both the City of Calhoun and Gordon County Parks and Recreation Departments will close their gyms and will be closed to organized activities, games, practices, and all gatherings. The parks will remain open for walking and passive activities but the intention is to limit social interactions. The recreation departments will be open for the March 24th Presidential Preference Primary.
The conference room of the Gordon County Agriculture Service Center will be closed to public meetings.
We would like to remind everyone that both City and County online services are available for those who do not want to be in public areas. Please see the City and County websites and social media accounts for more details concerning tax payments, utility payments, court services, etc.
Calhoun and Gordon County continue to attend briefings and gather information. The central theme is to be prepared but do not panic while we all work together to promote and maintain a healthy Gordon County.