Calhoun Municipal Court

The goal of the Municipal Court is to work diligently to process cases in a timely manner, reduce the number of outstanding cases and warrants, and to train all officers of the Municipal Court to continue positive customer service. The Court diligently works to ensure fair and impartial treatment of all citizens while maintaining a working and professional court system.

Municipal Court is held each Monday evening at 3:00 p.m. at the Gordon County Judicial Annex building in the Assembly Room. The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over traffic violations, City ordinances, and parking violations.

Pay traffic citations here:


  • Can I pay my fine before my court date?
    Yes. Fines for offenses which do not require an appearance before the judge may be paid before the court date.
  • How can I find out the amount of my fine?
    Ten days after the issuance of your citation, you may call Municipal Court at 706-602-5790 and press 1 for all information on your ticket. Please be aware that there are instances in which fine amounts cannot be determined until your court appearance.
  • How do I get a copy of the accident report?
    Please allow at least three business days from the date of the accident.
    Call the Police Department at 706-629-1234 to make arrangements to pick up the report.
  • How do I get a copy of the disposition of my case?
    Dispositions may be requested through the Court Clerk’s Office.
  • How do I get my own attorney?
    We are prohibited from recommending attorneys. We welcome people to contact Georgia Bar Association at 800-334-6865 or 404-527-8700.
  • How do I pay my fine?
    Please allow at least ten days from the issue date of the citation before calling for the fine amount or any other information you may need. If you have your citation number fines can be paid online at

    The following forms of payment are accepted:
    • Cash (in person only)
    • Money order
    • Visa, MasterCard, or Discover (in person only)
    • Online Payments

  • How soon will my case be handled in court that day?
    Cases are called by case number.
  • I am under 21. Are there any special limitations that apply to me?
    Yes. You must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please also note that there are special penalties that apply to driver’s under the age of 21.
  • May I get a continuance for my case?
    Only the Judge can give continuances, unless you are in a hospital, under physicians care, 9incarcerated, or there is a death in the family. The Court requires proof of reason.
  • What happens if I am late for court?
    The court requests your prompt appearance for scheduled sessions.
  • What happens if I can’t afford an attorney?
    Speak to the Judge on your court date. You will need to complete an application to assess eligibility.
  • What happens if I miss my court date?
    If you did not appear on your scheduled court date and time without prior notification, you will be fined for Failure to Appear. This may also result in your driver’s license being suspended and a warrant being issued for your arrest. Please contact the court immediately if you missed your court date.
  • What is a Nolo Contendere plea?
    A Nolo Contendere plea is a form of a guilty plea which usually does not put any points on your driving record. You may only use a Nolo Contendere once every 5 years. However, please be aware that the offense itself does still appear on your driving record. Also, it is within the Judge’s discretion to grant a Nolo Contendere Plea if the State accepts it.
  • What is an arraignment?
    An arraignment is an assigned first court appearance for people accused of violating Official Code of Georgia Annotated (O.C.G.A.) laws or City Ordinances. During an arraignment session, the judge will explain the process by which you may plead to the charge against you, seek help to understand your legal rights, and otherwise dispose of your case.
  • What is Super Speeder?
    Georgia’s ‘Super Speeder Law’ defines a Super Speeder as a driver convicted of speeding at 75 mph or more on a two-lane road or at 85 mph and above on any road or highway in the State of Georgia.In addition to the fines and fees paid to the jurisdiction where the speeding offense took place, a $200 Super Speeder state fee is to be paid by the convicted driver. Failure to pay the Super Speeder fee within 120 days of official notice will result in the suspension of the offender’s license or driving privileges. Payment of a $50 reinstatement fee in addition to the $200 Super Speeder fee will then be required to reinstate their license or driving privileges.

    Learn More

  • Which offenses require an appearance before the judge?
    Must Appear Offenses are those for which you are required to appear before the judge. Examples include but are not limited to DUI, Possession of Marijuana, Minor in Possession, Reckless Driving, Aggressive Driving, and running a school stop sign.

Land of the Cherokee