The City of Calhoun is now accepting applications for the position
of Basic Firefighter.
Qualifications to apply are:
• Must be at least 18 Years Old
• Have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Are required to have a valid Georgia driver’s license (progressing to class E or F) and maintain throughout employment
• Must not have been convicted of a felony within the last 10 years
• Be physically prepared to take a Timed, Pass or Fail test, which is the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) as prescribed by the Georgia Firefighter’s Standards and Training Council
• Have the ability to pass an extensive background check prior to being considered for a position
• Pass a medical evaluation and drug screening after being offered a position.
• Successful Candidates will be required to complete and pass an 8 week Rookie School to become a State of Georgia Certified Firefighter progressing to Firefighter 2 and maintain this Certification throughout employment
• After hire, and completions of firefighter rookie school, the successful candidate will be required to obtain an Advanced EMT Certification within 3 years when enrolled in appointed CFD EMT class, and maintain throughout employment.
Successful qualified applicants will be contacted about the date and time of the Candidate Physical Ability Test and practice times. Contacted applicants will then receive an information packet concerning requirements for the CPAT.
Employment Applications are available at City Hall, 226 South Wall Street Calhoun, Georgia during normal business hours and at www.cityofcalhoun-ga.com.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Completed applications should be returned to City Hall.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V/H