We are excited to announce that the Calhoun Recycling Center will reopen on Monday, May 4th. Proper precautions will be in place to ensure the public’s safety and the employee’s safety. Social distancing and all CDC recommendations to slow the spread of COVID-19 will be required. Thank you for your patience during this trying time.
- Soda Bottles
- Beer Bottles
- Juice Containers
- Ketchup Bottles
- Wine and Liquor Bottles
- Food Containers
- Ceramic Cups and Plates
- Clay Pots
- Light Bulbs
- Window Glass
- Heat Resistant Ovenware
- Drinking Glasses
What Can and Cannot be recycled
in the Mixed Paper Only Program?
- REDUCES POLLUTION
· Manufacturing products from recycled paper reduces water pollution by 35% and air pollutants by 73%.
· Using recycled steel in manufacturing cuts down on 76% of the water pollutants, 86% of the air pollutants, and 97% of the mining wastes.
- REDUCES NEED FOR LANDFILLS
· In the US, landfills include more than 80% of all solid waste.
· Recycling helps to reduce landfill space and disposal costs.
- REDUCES LITTER
· Litter is a costly as well as unsightly problem US-tax payers are charged with.
· $500 million every year goes to pick up litter by crews along state highways.