The City of Calhoun is now accepting applications for an Assistant Finance Director in the Finance department.
This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance in managing the core financial functions and administration for all departments within the City of Calhoun.
- Assists in managing the financial recording and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) guidelines. Assists with the annual audit, including related workpapers and reports.
- Assists in the preparation of financials statements, budgetary reports, economic analysis and other status reports as required.
- Assists with the creation of materials for presentations to public officials, staff and other groups and participate in the presentations as necessary to convey financial issues and concerns as the need dictates.
- Assist in developing, reviewing, implementing and documenting department procedures and practices under the direction of the Director of Finance.
- Coordinate with the City’s Senior Accountants who work with Department Heads on the City’s annual budget to annually develop it, maintain records of budget transfers, oversee budget amendments, ensure accuracy of budget data in the system and assist in publishing the completed budget.
- Monitor and manage budgetary issues throughout the fiscal year.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
- This position works directly with the staff in the Finance Department and the Purchasing Department, assisting them as needed. Occasionally assistance is required with balancing utility accounts receivable, pooled cash and utility deposits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in governmental accounting
- Proficient in Excel
- Valid Georgia driver’s license
Applications are available at City Hall, 226 South Wall Street during normal business hours or online at www.cityofcalhoun-ga.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V/H