The City of Calhoun is now accepting applications for the position of Basic Firefighter.
- 18 Years Old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License (processing to class E or F) and maintain throughout employment
- Be physically prepared to take a Timed, Pass or Fail test, which is the Calhoun Physical Ability Test (CPAT) as prescribed by the Georgia Firefighter’s Standards and Training Council
- Ability to pass background check, physical exam / drug screening upon hire
- Must not have been convicted of a felony within the last 10 years
- Successful Candidates will be required to complete and pass an 8 week Rookie School to become a State of Georgia Certified Firefighter and maintain this certification throughout employment
- Must be able to obtain an Advanced EMT Certification within 2 years and maintain throughout employment.
- Certified Firefighter preferred
Applications and CPAT Information packets are available at City Hall, 226 South Wall Street during normal business hours.
Questions may be directed to Training Chief Chris Cox at 706-263-8869.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V/H